Pages

Reshun chitral

Saturday, March 21, 2009

BABA SIYAR POETERY

Yoorman Hamin"
composed by Baba Siyar, a Chitrali poet and mystic
I roam on the mountains as if I trod on hot ashes,The sword of love has stricken me; I made of my self a shield of two bones.Oh Yoorman Hamin!Oh Fairy I swear by God after seeing you there is no light,Night and day are alike dark to me, no dawn comes to me.Oh Yoorman Hamin!The curls of my bulbul are like rosebuds and maiden hair fern,Come sit by me and sing like a mynah or a bulbul.Oh Yoorman Hamin!Still I look at you; you turn away and look else where,My life is yours, why do look at my enemies?Oh Yoorman HaminYour long ringlets and your well-curled hair are like bedmushkYou bind up your locks to slay this lad.Oh Yoorman HaminI sigh day and night for the bulbul,I kiss your pearly ringlets in my dreams.Oh Yoorman HaminTranslated into English by Colonel Jhon Biddulph in 1876

2 comments: